I AGREE TO FULFIL THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DURATION OF MY TIME IN THE SIXTH FORM:
So that I can make the most of my time in the Sixth Form, I will:
- ensure a high degree of attendance and punctuality. If punctuality becomes an issue I will be expected to attend ‘catch up sessions’ after school.
- adhere to the Dress Code.
- be fully committed to learning by undertaking independent study out of lessons (in school and beyond). I will need to read around and beyond the subject notes in order to gain the higher levels and use study periods effectively. I will complete at least five hours of work per subject per week in addition to my lessons. I understand that success in the Sixth Form depends on a high level of commitment and effort to study at home. I will complete work to a high standard and to specified deadlines.
- develop good working relationships with staff and discuss any issues which may be affecting my progress.
- stay focussed and make sure that part-time work does not affect academic progress.
- be a role model for students in school at all times by showing respect. I will not smoke on the premises at any time or in the surrounding area during the day. I will not bring alcohol or illegal substances onto the premises or use them on the premises. I understand that such action would be likely to lead to permanent exclusion.
- be a good citizen by getting involved in school life and the life of the whole school community.
I understand that students who fail to adhere to the code may be told to leave while for less serious misdemeanours a formal written warning is given, copied to parents. Two or more formal warnings may result in a student being told to leave the Sixth Form.