GCE / L3 BTEC Results Day letter can be found here.
GCSE / L2 BTEC Results Day letter can be found here.
Key Dates and deadlines for general qualifications for Summer 2021 can be found here.
Information on how GCSEs and A Levels will be awarded in Summer 2021 can be found here.
Information on how Vocational and technical qualifications will be awarded in Summer 2021 can be found here.
Guidance for students, parents and guardians Summer 2021 can be found here.
Ofqual Student guide can be found here.
Awarding BTEC Level 3 Qualifications in 2021 document can be found here.
TAG Centre Policy can be found here.
Key dates for Autumn Examinations 2021 can be found here.
Internal Assessments, Examinations & Mocks
There are currently no scheduled internal examinations
Chace Community School will not be accepting any private candidates for examinations in Autumn 2021.
Chace Community Exam Handbook 2020-2021
JCQ Unauthorised Items poster
JCQ Warning to Candidates
Information for candidates (written exams)
Information for candidates (coursework assessment)
JCQ Social Media Information for Candidates
Information for candidates (NEA)
Information for candidates (onscreen tests)
Information for candidates (Privacy Notice)
Instructions for Conducting Examinations (ICE) - 2020/2021
General Regulations for Conducting Examinations - 2020/21
Non-Examined Assessments (NEA)
1. Chace Community School will ensure that candidates are informed of their centre assessed marks so that they may request a review of the centre’s marking before marks are submitted to the awarding body.
2. Chace Community School will inform candidates that they may request copies of materials to assist them in considering whether to request a review of the centre’s marking of the assessment.
3. Chace Community School will, having received a request for copies of materials, promptly make them available to the candidate. (These materials could include a copy of their marked work, the relevant specification and associated subject-specific documents.)
4. Chace Community School will provide candidates with sufficient time in order to allow them to review copies of materials and reach a decision.
5. Requests for reviews of marking must be made in writing.
6. Chace Community School will allow sufficient time for the review to be carried out, to make any necessary changes to marks and to inform the candidate of the outcome, all before the awarding body’s deadline.
7. Chace Community School will ensure that the review of marking is carried out by an assessor who has appropriate competence, has had no previous involvement in the assessment of that candidate and has no personal interest in the review.
8. Chace Community School will instruct the reviewer to ensure that the candidate’s mark is consistent with the standard set by the centre.
9. The candidate will be informed in writing of the outcome of the review of the centre’s marking.
10. The outcome of the review of the centre’s marking will be made known to the head of centre and will be logged as a complaint. A written record will be kept and made available to the awarding body upon request. Should the review of the centre’s marking bring any irregularity in procedures to light, the awarding body will be informed immediately.
After candidates’ work has been internally assessed, it is moderated by the awarding body to ensure consistency in marking between centres. The moderation process may lead to mark changes. This process is outside the control of Chace Community School and is not covered by this procedure.
Chace Community School is committed to ensuring that whenever its staff mark candidates’ work this is done fairly, consistently and in accordance with the awarding body’s specification and subject-specific associated documents.
Candidates’ work will be marked by staff who have appropriate knowledge, understanding and skill, and who have been trained in this activity. Chace Community School is committed to ensuring that work produced by candidates is authenticated in line with the requirements of the awarding body. Where a number of subject teachers are involved in marking candidates’ work, internal moderation and standardisation will ensure consistency of marking.
Key dates of the process can be found here.
If you have any questions regarding centre assessed work, please contact the relevant Subject Leader or Mr Maunder, Assistant Headteacher (Curriculum and Operations).
All requests for remarks should be sent to email@example.com